This course, Cleft Palate Speech and Feeding, is a 5-day program in Vietnamese that intends to provide speech-language pathologists and parents of children with cleft palate with essential strategies and information to maximize their ability to improve speech in children with cleft palate.
This course aims to provide strategies and techniques to improve the speech of individuals with cleft palate. Upon completion, students or “trainees” of this course should demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to provide therapy to improve the speech of individuals in this population.
Manual for the Trainer:
- Click here to download the Trainer’s Manual. The purpose of this manual is to provide an outline for professionals to train how to provide therapy to people with surgically repaired cleft palates. This manual contains all the information necessary to organize a course on this topic, including a list of materials, an appropriate order of presentation, and a detailed study plan for treating people with cleft palate.
Documents for the Trainer:
- Click here to download all of the necessary documents for giving a course on Cleft Palate Speech and Feeding
- Sign-in sheet for the Institute
- Course Evaluation
Documents for the Participants:
- Click here to download all of the necessary documents for participating in the course on Cleft Palate Speech and Feeding
- Assessment Materials to print out
Pre and Post Test for the Cleft Palate Speech & Feeding Institute
Presentations for the Classes:
- Class 1 – Giải phẫu & Sinh lý, Sự phát triển phôi thai
- Class 2 – How Cleft Palate Affects Speech, Evaluation of Nasals and High and Low-Pressure Sounds, Common Errors in Cleft Palate
- Class 3 – Assessment, Overview of Speech Therapy, Strategies for Eliminating Compensatory Misarticulations
- Class 3A – Thông tin thân thiện với phụ huynh về bài tập vận động miệng không lời
- Class 4 – Types of Surgical Intervention, Fistulas, and the Importance of Speech Therapy
- Class 5 – Hội chứng
Videos and Evaluation Materials for the Classes: