In these modules, Dr. Catherine Crowley focuses on the expected cognitive, language and communication, physical and social-emotional developmental milestones published by the Centers for Disease Control. Topics include what to expect at each age from birth through age three in each of these areas. After viewing the modules, test yourself on the information by accessing the online assessment. These modules are not for ASHA CEU credit.
1. View and study the Video Modules for typical developmental milestones based on the CDC guidelines.
3. Complete and Pass the CDC Developmental Milestones Online Assessment.
Online Assessment Instructions
- Click the link above to access the assessment page, and follow the instructions on the screen. After reading the introduction to the assessment, you will be taken to a page in which you must enter your required information.
- Information Fields
- Fill out the required information fields. This information will not be distributed to third parties.
- Passing the Assessment
- You will have 90 minutes to complete the 40 questions on this assessment.
- You must answer 80% [32/40] of the questions correctly to pass the assessment. When you score 80% or better, you will be emailed a copy of your Certificate of Completion.
- After you have answered all the questions, click the » (NEXT) button.
- You will immediately be taken to a page revealing your score, whether or not you passed, and a breakdown of your answers.
- You can take the assessment as many times as you need to pass it.
- Assessment Navigation
- Use the « (PREVIOUS) and » (NEXT) buttons to move from page to page.
- If you click the » (NEXT) button at the end of the test before completing all answers, your assessment will be submitted as is.
- It is recommended to use Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer to complete this assessment. Google Chrome is not a recommended web browser.
- If you have any questions or feedback, contact us.
When you are ready, CLICK HERE to begin the assessment.