Dr. Catherine Crowley of Teachers College, Columbia University presents on the identification and treatment of speech impairment due to cleft palate. Other topics include feeding, syndromes, and surgical repair.
These videos are intended to teach people the strategies necessary to improve the speech of individuals with cleft palate.
To receive CEU credit for completing this course, click the link here: English Cleft Palate Speech Therapy: Evaluation and Treatment – ASHA 0.5 CEU Self-Study Course
Find resources referenced in the modules in the English Cleft Palate Directory and the links below:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Velopharyngeal Mechanism
- Cleft Palate Diagnostic Interview
- Cleft Palate Speech Sound Assessment and Stimulability
- Cleft Palate Speech Therapy Hierarchy
- Strategies Before Cleft Palate Speech Therapy
- Cleft Palate Feeding Handout
- Reasons Why Non-Speech Oral Motor Exercises Should Not Be Used For Speech Sound Disorders (Lof, 2007)