In this course, developed by Dr. Cate Crowley, Dr. Donna Valenti, Grace Ji Yan Tsang and Kristin D. Guest, clinicians learn how to use different techniques to elicit and analyze language samples for complex syntax. Topics include how to identify a variety of syntactic structures in language samples and the level of syntactic development required for school. Morphological differences in various English dialects as well as concerns regarding the use of standardized tests in assessing syntax are discussed. Clinicians are also provided with practice in analyzing real language samples from children. Please have your ASHA ID# ready before starting the assessment.
Crowley, C., Valenti, D., Ji Yan Tsang, G., & Guest, K. (2020). Advanced Grammar Fundamentals for a Pluralistic Society. Leadersproject.org https://www.leadersproject.org/ceu-courses-2/advanced-grammar-fundamentals-for-a-pluralistic-society-asha-0-3-ceu-self-study-course/
2) View and study the Video Modules Playlist for Advanced Grammar Fundamentals for a Pluralistic Society. There are four modules in total (1a, 1b, 2 and 3).
3) Read and review the required readings linked below. The following are summaries of relevant research. You do not need to read the original research in order to pass the assessment.
4) Complete and pass the Advanced Grammar Fundamentals for a Pluralistic Society Online Assessment.
CEU Online Assessment Instructions
- Click the link above to access the assessment page, and follow the instructions on the screen. After reading the introduction to the assessment, you will be taken to a page in which you must enter your required information.
- Information Fields
- Fill out the required information fields. This information is for ASHA reporting purposes only, and will not be distributed to third parties.
- Entering your ASHA ID# is OPTIONAL. To receive the ASHA CEU credits for completing this course, you must enter your ASHA ID# at the beginning of the assessment. If you do NOT wish to receive ASHA CEU credits for completing this course, please enter 8 zeros (00000000). Do NOT leave this field blank.
- Passing the Assessment
- You will have 90 minutes to complete the 40 questions on this assessment.
- You must answer 80% [32/40] of the questions correctly to pass the assessment. When you score 80% or better, you will be emailed a copy of your Certificate of Completion (note: Certificate of Completion is not proof of CEU credits earned).
- After you have answered all the questions, click the » (NEXT) button.
- You will immediately be taken to a page revealing your score, whether or not you passed, and a breakdown of your answers.
- You can take the assessment as many times as you need to pass it.
- Assessment Navigation
- Use the « (PREVIOUS) and » (NEXT) buttons to move from page to page
- If you click the » (NEXT) button at the end of the test before completing all answers, your assessment will be submitted as is.
- It is recommended to use Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer to complete this assessment. Google Chrome is not a recommended web browser.
- CEU Credits
- CEU credits from LEADERSproject are submitted to ASHA and assessed once a month. CEU credits will be awarded within 45 days of submitting them.
- To check your CEU credits, log on to your ASHA account and view your CE Registry.
- If you have any questions or feedback, contact us.