Developed by Dr. Catherine Crowley, this self study course focuses on components of a quality Early Intervention evaluation considering current law/regulations, informed clinical opinion, and evidence-based practice. Topics include the misuse of standardized tests, the importance of parents, when a bilingual evaluation is necessary, and how to identify Childhood Apraxia of Speech, all through a video case study model.
Please read the CEU Learning Outcomes and follow the directions below to complete the self-study program.
1. View and study the Video Modules for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Early Intervention Evaluations.
2. You will need to read the following documents:
Review by LEADERSProject.org of research by Olswang, L .B., Rodriguez, B., & Timler, G. (1998) article “Recommending Intervention for Toddlers With Specific Language Learning Difficulties” http://www.leadersproject.org/2013/05/14/recommending-intervention-for-toddlers-with-specific-language-learning-difficulties-we-may-not-have-all-the-answers-but-we-know-a-lot/
The Critical Questions for Early Intervention by Catherine Crowley, accessible at LEADERSproject.org: http://www.leadersproject.org/2016/08/26/the-critical-questions-early-intervention/
4. Complete and Pass the Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Early Intervention Evaluations Online Assessment.
CEU Online Assessment Instructions
- Click the link above to access the assessment page, and follow the instructions on the screen. After reading the introduction to the assessment, you will be taken to a page in which you must enter your required information.
- Information Fields
- Fill out the required information fields. This information is for ASHA reporting purposes only, and will not be distributed to third parties
- Entering your ASHA ID# is OPTIONAL. To receive the ASHA CEU credits for completing this course, you must enter your ASHA ID# at the beginning of the assessment. If you do NOT wish to receive ASHA CEU credits for completing this course, please enter 8 zeros (00000000). Do NOT leave this field blank.
- Passing the Assessment
- You will have 60 minutes to complete the 40 questions on this assessment
- You must answer 80% [32/40] of the questions correctly to pass the assessment. When you score 80% or better, you will be emailed a copy of your Certificate of Completion (note: Certificate of Completion is not proof of CEU credits earned)
- After you have answered all the questions, click the » (NEXT) button
- You will immediately be taken to a page revealing your score, whether or not you passed, and a breakdown of your answers
- You can take the assessment as many times as you need to pass it
- Assessment Navigation
- Use the « (PREVIOUS) and » (NEXT) buttons to move from page to page
- If you click the » (NEXT) button at the end of the test before completing all answers, your assessment will be submitted as is
- It is recommended to use Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer to complete this assessment. Google Chrome is not a recommended web browser.
- CEU Credits
- CEU credits from LEADERSproject are submitted to ASHA and assessed every six months (in June and December). CEU credits will be awarded within 45 days of submitting them.
- To check your CEU credits, log on to your ASHA account and view your CE Registry
- If you have any questions or feedback, contact us.
When you are ready, CLICK HERE to begin the assessment.