Developed by Dr. Cate Crowley and Chad Grossman, this self-study course of video modules and assigned readings focuses on the grammar of the dialect of Standard American English and several other common U.S. dialects of English, African American English, Spanish-influenced English, and Chinese-influenced English. Please have your ASHA ID# ready before starting the assessment.
Crowley, C. & Grossman, C. (2014). Grammar Fundamentals for a Pluralistic Society. Leadersproject.org https://www.leadersproject.org/ceu-courses-2/grammar-fundamentals-for-a-pluralistic-society/
2) View and study the Video Modules for Grammar Fundamentals for a Pluralistic Society (there are 6 modules in total).
3) In Module 2, third person singular subject pronouns are identified as “he, she, and it” and object pronouns as “him, her, and it.” However, now “they”, “them”, and “themselves” are considered grammatically acceptable as third person singular pronouns including for persons who choose to use that pronoun and whose gender identity is nonbinary consistent with APA Style Manual 7th ed. (2020).
Complete and pass the Grammar Fundamentals for a Pluralistic Society Online Assessment.
CEU Online Assessment Instructions
- Click the link above to access the assessment page, and follow the instructions on the screen. After reading the introduction to the assessment, you will be taken to a page in which you must enter your required information.
- Information Fields
- Fill out the required information fields. This information is for ASHA reporting purposes only, and will not be distributed to third parties
- Entering your ASHA ID# is OPTIONAL. To receive the ASHA CEU credits for completing this course, you must enter your ASHA ID# at the beginning of the assessment. If you do NOT wish to receive ASHA CEU credits for completing this course, please enter 8 zeros (00000000). Do NOT leave this field blank.
- Passing the Assessment
- You will have 90 minutes to complete the 40 questions on this assessment
- You must answer 80% [32/40] of the questions correctly to pass the assessment. When you score 80% or better, you will be emailed a copy of your Certificate of Completion (note: Certificate of Completion is not proof of CEU credits earned)
- After you have answered all the questions, click the » (NEXT) button
- You will immediately be taken to a page revealing your score, whether or not you passed, and a breakdown of your answers
- You can take the assessment as many times as you need to pass it
- Assessment Navigation
- Use the « (PREVIOUS) and » (NEXT) buttons to move from page to page
- If you click the » (NEXT) button at the end of the test before completing all answers, your assessment will be submitted as is
- It is recommended to use Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer to complete this assessment. Google Chrome is not a recommended web browser.
- CEU Credits
- CEU credits from LEADERSproject are submitted to ASHA and assessed every six months (in June and December). CEU credits will be awarded within 45 days of submitting them.
- To check your CEU credits, log on to your ASHA account and view your CE Registry
- If you have any questions or feedback, contact us.